Monday, March 14, 2011

Tips for those who frequently forget their diaper bags!

I don't know about you all but I was terrible at remembering to bring my diaper bag along whenever I left the house.  Every time I turned around I was having to deal with a poopy diaper, leaking diaper, soiled clothes and overall diaper changing catastrophe.

My forgetfulness was always the topic of converstaion...er discussion with my husband.  Never failed, we'd decide to take a drive, run some errands, etc. and next thing I knew the baby would need a changing and I'd realize I left the house with nothing but my breasts for feeding her, thank god they're attached or I'd probably forget them too!

Hindsight is always 20/20 so here I will share with you some tips I've come up with or tips that had been volunteered to me in order to help me prevent those really embarrassing and inconvenient diaper bag dilemmas.
  • You hear it all the time but having extra diapers, maybe a few you don't use all that often, a change of clothes and some extra wipes in your car for those emergencies really is the way to go.  You never know when you might have your diaper bag with you AND still run out of the supplies you need.
  • Keep two diaper bags packed or handy so that even if you forgot to pack one you can grab the other and run out the door if you're in a hurry.
  • Always re-pack the diaper bag as soon as you unpack it.  A great little habit to get into that will help you save time.
  • Keep your diaper bag by the door, attach your keys, or keep it by your purse or some other item that you are not likely to forget.
  • If you want to, make your diaper bag your purse!  This is a great excuse to go ahead and purchase one of those super cute and trendy diaper bags that you've always wanted.  Temporarily move out of your purse and into the diaper bag and you'll almost never forget it again!
Do you have any tips or suggestions for mamas who frequently forget their diaper bag?  We'd love to read them!

3 comments:

  1. I've written a post about this before for a different blog! My suggestion is that when cotton babies has their $1 'worn out' diaper sale, or when your favorite brand has seconds or gently used, buy a couple-- one for however many cars you have. Use the pocket on the back of your car's seat (the ones designed to hold maps or whatever), or the glovebox if it's a truck. Get a bag of some sort and add a diaper and plain wipe to it. Or, tuck a shell and disposable insert combo in there. That worked well for us. I'm notorious for just NOT taking a diaper bag with children past a certain age. If I need more than one back up, I need to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice Jill! If you ever want to contribute an article here for the Leslie's Boutique Blog let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a few secret diapers stashed in our cars at all times too! I've used them once or twice.... :)

    ReplyDelete